Saturday, June 2, 2012

PG31 Challenge #26 WISE MOUTH


Today's Verse:Proverbs 31:26

 26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

Key Words: WISE MOUTH

Reflect: If we can admit it, we as Women have a way of using words to slice. Before giving my life to Christ, I was a skilled smart alec. It got me into trouble many times, even to the point of being banned from my senior trip in highschool. I won't repeat what I said, but it infuriated the administrator to the point where she was out to get me for the rest of the year. Oh, yes, when we want to, we can say all the wrong things with the right intonation. As Women of Virtue, we have a responsibility to refrain from using our words as weapons against each other, our spouses, and instead, turn that weapon of warfare on our true enemy: satan. When we recieve the Spirit of God, we reckon our old man  and it's deeds dead in Christ. So that neck rolling, foul mouth,  tongue popping, eye-cutting you? All that should have died with Christ. Instead, our mouths should be filled with wisdom, because we are in our Word, and we are getting filled with wisdom for our lives. Just because we feel it or think it, doesn't mean it needs to be said, or that it's coming from a place of love. If you find yourself wanting to cut down rather than build up, Pray, "Lord, set a guard over my lips today. I only want to say what builds up and brings positive change."


ProACTION Only open your mouth today if you have something kind or wise to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment