Friday, June 1, 2012

PG31 Challenge #25 Beautiful TIMING


Today's Verse:Proverbs 31:25

 25 Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.

Key Word: TIMING

Reflect: When I think back to the time when I was single, I ask, God, how did you put up with me? I remember a particularly embarrassing time when I was staying briefly with three, count them THREE other young ladies who were all engaged. I thought to myself, God, when is it going to be my time? Don't you have someone for me? I truly loved my friends and I was happy for them, but come on-- seeing them getting all mushy-faced and teary-eyed every time their fiancees showed up? It was starting to grate on my nerves. I felt like they weren't really being that sensitive to the fact that I was the only single (I've been guilty of this myself now that I'm married)! I remember going out onto the deck where we were all living and crying my little heart out, I felt so saddened, and lonely, I  prayed, God, help me! I don't want to feel like this! I don't want to be annoyed by their happiness! Suddenly, an angel, a real bonafide angel was right there. I was speechless. He touched me and said, "You needed help?" I nodded. He smiled and disappeared right there. Now, I know some people don't believe in angelic encounters but Jesus had them (Luke 22:43, Matthew 4:11). I want you to know, I was too shocked to cry anymore! God, had seen my distress, really, my temper tantrum, and sent an angel to help me get over myself! After that point, I remember being able to spend the rest of that brief time surrounded by talk of matrimony, and wedding arrangements. It no longer bothered me. God made everything beautiful in His time. As for the couples? Two of them married, and the other couple wound up marrying someone totally different. See, I was fretting over what was going to happen and I needed to take my focus off of my future mate and enjoy my time being single. When I fell head over heels for Jesus, everything else fell into place. So, Virtuous Woman, your time is coming. Rejoice and appreciate the time you have right where you are. Just remember, if you cry out for help, don't be shocked when it shows up!


ProACTION
If you're married, write down what your process of courtship was like for the next generation or your children. If you're single, think about what you want courtship to look like. How long will you court? Who would you want involved in the process to hold you accountable?

No comments:

Post a Comment